H I S T O R Y — P A R T – O N E
[This section is from the early versions of Vaccination Is Not Immunization. As subsequent editions were re-written every year updated with current events, in order to keep the book at a readable length, the history section is now included here, online.]
– Tim O’Shea
SMALLPOX – THE BIRTH OF VACCINE
Smallpox was an infectious viral disease which was evident for centuries in places with poor sanitation, poverty, and malnutrition. Hundreds of thousands died, and there was no cure. The infectious agent was called Orthopox variola.  By the end of the 18th century the disease was following the natural course: burning itself out on the human population, confining itself to those with the lowest immune capabilities, and mutating. Herd immunity.
Smallpox was commonly regarded as divine punishment for unnamed errors. It never occurred to people that overcrowding, poor hygiene, contaminated food and water, or poor nutrition had anything to do with it. A superstition emerged that milkmaids who contracted a mild disease known as cowpox were thereby immune to smallpox.
as you may remember, was the English “physician” in the late 1700s who made use of that old superstition. As an experiment, Jenner came up with the idea of drawing serum from a cowpox pustule on the skin of an infected milkmaid – 9 year old Sarah Nelmes. [255, Miller] He was then reckless enough to actually inject the infected pus into a perfectly healthy subject, on the theory that contact with this “milder” disease would allow the subject to develop immunity to the more deadly smallpox.
Jenner’s wild theory was that this cow-pox is smallpox of the cow. Therefore, if you give a person cowpox, it is the same as smallpox, only in a very mild form. And it would not be infectious.
Going even farther out on a limb, Jenner himself absolutely declared that it is not that cowpox is preventive of smallpox but that it is smallpox itself! (Enquiry, 1798 )
After inoculating his very first patient – 8 year old James Phipps – Jenner absurdly maintained that his injections were conferring lifetime immunity:
“…what renders the cowpox virus so extremely singular is that the person who has been thus affected is forever after secure from the infection of the smallpox.”
– Jenner, 1797, cited in H.B. Anderson 
NOT SO FAST
While Jenner is universally venerated today as mankind’s deliverer from the scourge of smallpox in probably 99% of sources because of his “discovery” of inoculation, what most edited modern drafts of the story omit is the
– utter lack of science underlying Jenner’s original claim of immunity from vaccines
– lack of science in producing smallpox vaccine
– number of deaths and disfiguring cases from his injections
Many of Jenner’s own contemporaries were shocked at how easily the scientific community was taken in by this auteur. Perusing the work of Walter Hadwen MD, celebrated English surgeon, author, and medical scholar of 100 years ago, we find a version of the Jenner story that is not quite so set in bronze as what we have always been told. Hadwen points out a few cracks in Jenner’s pedestal: 
– Jenner was no physician. He never completed any program of medical study, or received a diploma from any medical school. If you go to the Jenner Museum in Gloucestershire, England today and ask for Jenner’s diploma, you will be told “we don’t have it.”
– Jenner bought his medical degree for £15 from St Andrew’s College in Scotland, which he never attended. (Hume, p 174 , also Hadwen [160, 161])
– Jenner “tested” his theory on one patient, and immediately claimed that he had “immunized” the patient against smallpox for life. Jenner then claimed that it would work universally. That’s it! No controlled clinical trials, no years of research, nothing.
Modern whitewashed versions of the story never mention that James Phipps died at age 20, having been inoculated with vaccine each year! Or that Jenner’s own son died at 21, also revaccinated over and over. (Baron, vol 2 )
With no proof whatsoever, Jenner tricked the entire medical profession, then and now, into pretending that cowpox was smallpox in cows – a total scientific inaccuracy. And then he sold the idea that his vaccine was the cure. [161, 232]
WHEEL OF FORTUNE
A few years after his “breakthrough,” Jenner’s repeated petitions to the House of Commons struck gold, or actually sterling. It finally dawned on the English government how millions of pounds could change hands by passing a law making Jenner’s smallpox vaccine compulsory. Jenner was promptly awarded the enormous sum of £30,000 by British Parliament and suddenly this uncredentialed poseur was a revered scientist. 
Soon Parliament began passing laws to make the untested vaccine compulsory throughout the British empire. The rest of Europe soon followed suit.
Once the economic implications of compulsory vaccinations were realized, dissenting voices went unpublished. Then as now, the media were largely controlled by vaccine manufacturers and the government, who stood to make huge money from the sale of these absurd vaccines. Hadwen put it like this:
“… so strong is the effect of authority, custom, and endowment, and so prone are people to save themselves the trouble of personal investigation by the simple process of accepting the decisions of “the majority” …
“When once an error is accepted by a profession corporately and endowed by Government, to uproot it becomes a herculean task.” 
Sound familiar? Despite the lack of scientific validation and the tens of thousands of documented vaccine deaths, compulsory smallpox vaccination lasted for 120 years! Then in 2002 America geared up to do it all again.
TWO DIFFERENT DISEASES
Let’s back up a moment and look at the original science. In the first place, these two diseases – cowpox and smallpox – are two completely distinct conditions, as Hadwen explains:
“What is cow-pox? It is a disease which occurs on the teats of cows; it only occurs when they are in milk; only in one part of
the body, and naturally only in the female animal; it results in an ugly chancre; and is not infectious.
Small-pox, on the other hand, is not limited to the female sex as is cow-pox, nor to one portion of the body; it presents different physical signs, and, furthermore, is tremendously infectious, and the course and symptoms of the two diseases are totally different.
Therefore there is no analogy between the two.” 
Legitimate scientists of Jenner’s day, like Bechamp, Hadwen, Wallace, and others thought it appalling that these distinctions between cowpox and smallpox were never discussed. If the axioms of immunology were true, how could one disease bug immunize against a completely separate disease?
Doing a taxonomic check in a standard index of viruses from a National Institutes of Health database  readily points out that cowpox is linked with a virus called Orthopox vaccinia and smallpox with a virus called Orthopox variola. These two viruses have different sizes, genetic sequences, and characteristics.
They’re different species. To pretend that cows get a version of smallpox called cowpox is bizarre enough – but then to say that people who get the same disease are thereby immune to smallpox is utterly fictional.
This chart may be helpful: ( Microsoft Encarta )
Cowpox ……………. Smallpox
In cows ….. ….. ….. ….. In humans
Not infectious to cows ….. ….. Infectious to humans
Orthopox vaccinia ….. Orthopox variola
Here’s how modern science glosses over the apparent contradiction, perpetuating the fable: From The Columbia Encyclopedia, Sixth Edition:  cowpox:
“… infectious disease of cows caused by a virus related to the virus of smallpox. Also called variola, it is characterized by pustular lesions on the teats and udder. Cowpox is transmitted by contact, inducing a mild infection of the hands in persons who milk infected cows. The fact that such persons had immunity to smallpox led Edward Jenner to attempt vaccination with this virus, instead of using the dangerous method of vaccinating with material from the sores of smallpox. Jenner’s method was successful and is the basis of the modern vaccination against smallpox.”
Re-read this ridiculous paragraph. The majority of historical references have loudly proclaimed the sound science behind smallpox vaccine, up to the present day.
SMALLPOX OR COWPOX?
From a current MSN Encarta document:
“Cowpox, contagious viral disease of cows, characterized by pustular eruptions. Cowpox can be transmitted to humans by direct contact. Persons infected with cowpox become immune to smallpox, a similar but more serious disease. This immunity was discovered by Edward Jenner, who used cowpox virus to inoculate patients against smallpox.” – “Cowpox,” 
HORSESHOES AND HAND GRENADES
Why have all smallpox vaccines since the time of Jenner contained the wrong virus? Entrenched medical error. The 2002 smallpox vaccines – Dryvax and Acambis’ ACAM1000 – still contained Orthopox vaccinia, not Orthopox variola. (NEJM, , , King ) Smallpox is the only vaccine for which this ‘close cousin’ ruse has ever been tried. But almost only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades. Not in immunology.
As we saw in The Doors of Perception , the molders of the public mind are banking that most people will never look below the surface to discover the unscientific and illogical basis for issues which have huge economic significance. Everybody knows that in America people just don’t read any more.
HOW WAS THE FIRST VACCINE MADE?
From an original monograph by Dr Walter Hadwen, here is an account of how smallpox vaccine was first made: 
1. A 3 month old calf was tied down on its side.
2. 30 – 50 one-inch incisions were made in its stomach
3. Smallpox pus rubbed into each incision
4. Calf is returned to its pen, restrained so as to be unable to lick the sores
5. Wait one week.
6. Pustules form
7. Calf strapped down again
8. Encrusted pus is scraped off each sore and the remaining blood, lymph, and pus is then drained out.
9. It is placed in a crucible and heated, adding glycerine as a binder
10. Mixed and strained to remove hair and dead flesh.
11. Poured into tubes as sold as pure calf lymph – or smallpox vaccine.
Very scientific. This calf lymph formula was used for decades, even up to the 1980s.  Post-9/11 smallpox vaccines employed far more sophisticated science, culturing on the cells of aborted human fetus.  And still with vaccinia – cowpox.
FORGOTTEN CONCOCTIONS OF SMALLPOX VACCINE
On the way to becoming the dangerous and useless product it is today, smallpox vaccine has been true to its origins. Here are a few of the other infected sources from which Jenner and others drew the material which they also claimed was smallpox vaccine, up until 1898:
– infected horse hooves
– pustules on cows who had been infected with human
– pustules on humans who had been deliberately
infected with horse grease and cowpox
– pustules on humans infected with smallpox
– (Baxby , An Enquiry , )
Horse grease was the name of a hoof infection disease. Jenner felt
justified in injecting pus from infected horse hooves into healthy children because he dreamed up the notion that cowpox was harbored in the infected hooves.  Not kidding.
Guess where Jenner got smallpox pus for his vaccine. Give up? Human corpses, dead from smallpox! 
For over 150 years, there was virtually no consistency in the preparation of smallpox vaccine. 
Astoundingly, it turns out that cowpox itself is not a natural disease of cows. Cowpox is a disease of the udder which came about by farmers milking the cows with filthy hands. Often after having just cleaned infections in other animals, or after any other farm chore for that matter. Syphilis and tuberculosis were commonly present in the pustular cowpox lesions from which the precious “vaccine” was extracted. (, SAV , )
Another popular Jennerian method was the arm-to-arm technique. (Rains ) Until it became illegal in 1898, pustular material was simply drawn from a corpse’s arm and injected into the patient. The reason for the 1898 law was to curb the rampant transmission of syphilis and tuberculosis between humans. (Baxby )
In reading these old histories, one gradually realizes that many of the “vaccines” didn’t go through any manufacturing steps or preparation whatsoever. Before 1856, a large percentage of the early smallpox vaccines were nothing more than arbitrary injections of human and animal pus directly into a healthy child’s bloodstream! (SAV , whale.to 
SEED LOT METHOD
For every new batch of the cultured smallpox vaccines, material from the last batch was used to infect the new calves. The seed lot method. But as the vaccine got “weaker” – less skin inflammation in humans – the material was often passed through several other species (rabbits, donkeys, monkeys, sheep) before inoculating the new calves. This supposedly made the vaccine “stronger” again because human skin would become more inflamed after the inoculation. The beginning of the immune-response-equals- immunity myth. (WHO – Henderson ) No one ever thought to consider how the disease agent itself was being artificially mutated in the process, let alone contaminated with animal proteins.
THE BLOOD OF ANIMALS
Here we see the level of the science underlying smallpox vaccine for the past two centuries. The random cross-mixing of blood between man and animals violated common traditions and taboos of most cultures from time immemorial. Most religions specifically forbade it. Cowpox was not a natural disease in cows; syphilis was not a natural disease in man. Smallpox was not a natural disease in cows, nor in any other animals: it had to be injected into them. How many other diseases have their roots in this quixotic inter-species experimentation? Bad ju-ju to ignore Mother Nature.
By 1875, smallpox vaccine had become so crossed and intermixed from so many different sources, passed through so many different species, that the actual composition was truly unknown. There was no consistency worldwide – in any location smallpox vaccine
was whatever the local authorities said it was. Any given smallpox vaccine might have its origins in goat pox, swine pox, cowpox, monkeypox, horse grease, human smallpox or any combination thereof. 
DID THE VACCINE WORK? PRUSSIAN ROULETTE
By 1853, Parliament began passing laws to make the untested vaccine compulsory throughout the British empire. Other countries of Europe followed suit.
Dr Hadwen provides a rare window into the medical research of a century ago, one that has not received the usual whitewash. He tells the amazing story about Prussia, the most vaccinated country in Europe during the 1800s, and the country which kept the best records. Hadwen had access to these medical records before the media had the sense to suppress them. Here’s what they showed: ([232, 236])
It happened that Prussia passed a mandatory vaccination law in 1834 for smallpox. The law provided that every infant be vaccinated, and then revaccinated when starting school. After graduation he had to be vaccinated again, and then once more upon entering the Army. And all healthy males had to go into the Army. Anyone who refused the vaccination was to be “held down and vaccinated by force; and so thoroughly was it done that he was then vaccinated in ten places on each arm.” 
OK, so we get the idea that almost 100% of Prussians got Jenner’s smallpox vaccine. So what happened in Prussia 35 years after this vaccination law? A smallpox epidemic of 1 million cases which killed “124,978 of her vaccinated and re-vaccinated citizens after thirty-five years of compulsory vaccination!”
LICENCE TO KILL
How about England?
A compulsory “immunization” program was set up in England in 1853 using Jenner’s methods. (McBean p.13) Before that time, the highest number of deaths in a 2 year period in England from smallpox was about 2000.
Results of this “immunization”:
………. year ………. deaths
1857-9 ….. 14,244
1863-5 ….. 20,059
In response, in 1867 Parliament enacted a stricter vaccination law, and 97% of the people were inoculated. New result:
year ………. deaths
1868 ………. 44,840 ………………..- Null, Part III, p 23 
Alfred Russell Wallace offers abundant proof how vaccine statistics were manipulated in England during the 1800s – the who and the why of it. After thoroughly charting actual deaths throughout the UK and the Continent from smallpox and from the vaccine, Wallace concludes that smallpox vaccine
“…has actually increased susceptibility to the disease. … the conclusion is in every case the same: that vaccination is a gigantic delusion; that it has never saved a single life; but that it has been the cause of so much disease, so many deaths, such a vast amount of utterly needless and altogether undeserved suffering, that it will be classed by the coming generation among the greatest errors of an ignorant and prejudiced age, the foulest blot on … our century.”
– Alfred R. Wallace, Chapter VI 1898 
After WWI, there was a lot of surplus smallpox vaccine that didn’t get used. So we looked to another market we could control. When the U.S. mandated a mass smallpox vaccination program in the Philippines in 1917, some 25 million shots were given to those people. 163,000 Filipinos came down with the disease after the vaccination, and 75,339 of them died from it, quadrupling the death rate prior to the inoculation program. That’s far more than the total number of Americans who died in the entire Vietnam war! American “immunization” of its Philippine territory caused several horrific epidemics there that didn’t quite make the six o’clock news. (Anderson, p 69 W.H.Hay, also James, p 410 [172, 189, 167])
What most people don’t know is that just after the US began vaccinating for smallpox (1902) England stopped. By 1907 England had no more compulsory smallpox vaccination. Holland, same thing in 1928. Australia – 1925. ( , p 10)
How long did it take the US to figure it out? We finally stopped in 1971, the last holdout in the world.
The low ebb of the infectious diseases arrived in the 1970s. From 1950 to 1970, zero cases of smallpox were reported in the U.S. After 1970, there were a few cases of smallpox, but they only
occurred among the ranks of the vaccinated! (Scheibner) 
What’s important to notice is that smallpox vaccination in the U.S. persisted another 30 years after the disease was at an incidence of practically zero. Again, the only source of death from smallpox in the U.S. for 30 years was from the vaccine itself. (Mendelsohn, p 232; World Book, 1994) [209, 214]
Today smallpox occurs nowhere in nature.
FAIRY TALES CAN COME TRUE
To sum up, what Jenner really did was to take an old superstition of Gloucester dairymaids and pander it into an enormous fortune for himself and the English government by the most unfounded “scientific” posturing. 
SMALLPOX – POST 9/11
From 9/11 until early 2003, popular media employed a dazzling menage of pseudoscience and well-edited history to concoct a new myth out of thin air: terrorists were about to release smallpox as a bioweapon that could decimate our population. Government leaders with degrees in law, not science, decided to prepare enough vaccine to inoculate every American. And to empower themselves to legislate the vaccine’s administration, sanctioned by severe penalties for refusal. (Altman 99])
Price tag for the new doses: over $3 billion. But what is money when compared with the health and security of the American people?
Answer: it’s still money.
Post-9/11 politics created marketing niches the likes of which the world had never seen.
For more detail on the post 9/11 smallpox vaccine hoax, the reader is referred to the online chapter Smallpox: Bringing a Dead Disease Back To Life.
The illusion of a smallpox threat was created – a $3 billion dream.  Throughout 2002, the unlettered public were unrelentingly terrorized with media scenarios of crazed Muslims unleashing weaponized smallpox into metropolitan areas, supposedly resulting in epidemics of smallpox spreading like wildfire through an unvaccinated population, etc. Remember?
In an eerie replay of the social politics of 200 years ago, scientific fact was brushed aside, as though these events never took place:
– smallpox disappeared worldwide in 1977
– the only deaths from smallpox since 1970 have been from the
– smallpox vaccine killed thousands in England, France,
Germany, Italy, and the Philippines
– the vaccine is for a completely different disease – a disease of
– the vaccine does not confer immunity to smallpox
– historically smallpox vaccine has killed more people than any
vaccine ever invented
– the reason that our country and every other country in the
world stopped vaccinating was that the vaccine not only
did not work, but was causing the disease and other
pathological and fatal side effects
Despite all this, the FDA, CDC, HHS, Office of Homeland Security, plus many of the new offices which suddenly emerged at the trough, decided that a few companies should produce enough vaccine to give all 280 million Americans ‘protection.’  The companies included Aventis in France, Acambis in England, and Wyeth in the US.
MARKETING AND SALES
Mass smallpox vaccine never could have worked. Amid the deafening roar of its marketing during 2002, we forgot that
– the entire smallpox vaccine program was predicated upon a premise that is scientifically unproven: namely that one dose of the new vaccine could confer lasting immunity… to anything.
– many would die or suffer permanent injury from this ‘protective’ measure
Acambis is in England. Aventis is in France. Yet England and France never geared up for mass smallpox vaccination of their own populations. Nor did any other country. Why not? Because the only market in the world was here in the US, where the only threat was a perceived threat, created by US media. How altruistic of the Brits and the Frogs to sacrifice their own national safety and put their old buds the Americans first.
This virgin looks somewhat pregnant, n’est-ce pas?
[For more on the history of vaccines, go to the History section in the current edition of Vaccination Is Not Immunization.]
1. Dr Julie Geberding named president of Merck — finchannel.com 8 Jan 2010.
2. Norwegian MP demands an answer from WHO: the country’s
biggest medical scandal — theflucase.com — Nettavisen 7 Jan 2010.
3. Taylor, L — EU to probe pharma over false pandemic — PharmaTimes — 4 Jan 2010.
4. Child, Adolescent and Adult Immunization Schedule — www.cdc.gov 2010.
5. Shear, M — Obama declares flu emergency –Washington Post — 25 Oct 09.
6. Johnson L — Associated Press Ailing drug manufacturers see growth 21 Nov 2009.
7. Olmstead D — www.ageofautism.c2010.
8. Macrae F — The false pandemic: drug firms cash in on scare over swine flu
– The Daily Mail UK 18 Jan 2010.
9. Barclay, L — CDC issues interim guidelines 20 Oct 09.
10. O’Shea T — The sanctity of human blood 13th ed. 2009.
11. Salecky M — STATE OF WASHINGTON DEPT OF HEALTH OUTBREAK
AND VACCINE SHORTAGE – SUSPENSION OF LIMITS 23 Sep 09.
12. Neergaard, L — Associated Press – Sep 21, 2009.
13. National Institutes of Health Early Results: 2009 H1N1 Influenza Vaccine
14. Sanofi Pasteur – http://clinicaltrials.gov/show/NCT00944073 Sep 2009
15. Swine flu: global pandemic and Goodbye swine flu www.thedoctorwithin.com 2009.
16. Branswell, H – Baxter: Product contained live bird flu virus
THE CANADIAN PRESS TorontoSun September 28, 2009
17. The 60 Day Program www.thedoctorwithin.com 2010.
18. Kugler, S -(AP) Officials say US deaths expected from swine flu 28 Apr 09
19. O’Shea T – Avian flu the pandemic that can never be www.thedoctorwithin.com
20. Roan, S -Swine flu debacle is recalled Los Angeles Times 27 Apr 09
21. Hunt M – Virology – chapter 13 influenza virus U of S. Carolina
22. CDC website www.cdc.gov
23. The post antibiotic age www.thedoctorwithin.com
24. The Guardian: World Health Organization Margaret Chan 16 Jul 09
25. W.H.O. Health Advisory, April 2009, accessed in Swine-flu-vaccine.info/.
26. Paddock C PhD Swine flu false pandemic?
MedicalNewsToday 15 Jan 2010.
27. Engdahl FW WHO ‘Mr Flu’ under investigation for gross conflict of interest 8 Dec 09
28. Voller,L Stærk lobbyisme bag WHO-beslutning om massevaccination , Information,
Google: Information.dk/215355. Copenhagen, 15 November 2009
29. Interview with Epidemiologist Tom Jefferson MD:
‘A Whole Industry Is Waiting For A Pandemic’ Der Spiegel, 21 July 2009
30. Stein, R Flu Pandemic Could Be Mild Washington Post 8 Dec 2009.
31. S. Attkisson – Swine Flu Cases Overestimated? CBS News Exclusive:
H1N1 Not As Prevalent As Feared Oct. 21, 2009.
32. Falco, M 2009 H1N1 flu strain will be in next season flu vaccine CNN 22 Feb 2010.
33. Drummond, J Missouri Health Advisory 22 Dec 08 CDC Issues Interim
Recommendations for the Use of Influenza Antiviral Medications among Circulating
Influenza A (H1N1) Viruses 2008-09 Influenza Season
34. Current Flu Season Worst in 4 Years – CDC says Journal of Chinese Medicine
http://www.cjmed.net/news/ 18 Nov 2008.
35. McKenna M Plant cancellation shows problems in flu vaccine business
www.cidrap.umn.edu/cidrap/content/influenza/biz-plan/news/oct0308solvay.html Oct 3, 2008.
36. INFLUENZA PANDEMIC United States Government Accountability Office
Report to Congressional Requesters September 2008.
37. Grady, D Study links hepatitis B and cancer of pancreas
New York Times 1 Oct 2008.
38. Hassan, M Association between hepatitis B virus and pancreatic cancer
Journal of Clinical Oncology vol 26 no 28 p 44557 1 Oct 2008.
39. Marks, J MD The Relationship of Chronic Viral Hepatitis, Alcoholism, and Cirrhosis
to Liver Cancer www.medicinenet.com 22 Nov 2008.
40. FDA paper: Thimerosal in Vaccines 14 Mar 2008.
41. Borka, A. Polio up in Pakistan Reuters 19 Sep 2008.
42. B Taylor ASTHMA Body mass index and asthma severity in the
National Asthma Survey Thorax 2008; 63: 14-20; BMJ Publishing 2008.
43. WorldFactBook Central Intelligence Agency website www.cia.gov 2009.
44. Turner, J Esq lecture Protect Medical Freedom conference Washington DC 20 Jun 01
45. Medical Economics Physicians Desk Reference 2008.
46. Chronic Conditions in Children Will Pose Future Health Challenges Investigators
describe probable causes Harvard School of Public Health June 26, 2007.
47. Gallup & Yazbak, When 1 in 150 is really 1 in 67 vaproject.org Oct 2007.
48. Peterson, L Vaccine order upsets some, but Perry stands firm
Associated Press February 6, 2007.
49. Lopes, G Vaccine center issues warning WASHINGTON TIMES Feb 3, 2007.
50. Smitherman L Drug firm pushes vaccine mandate: Merck lobbies on HPV
Baltimore Sun January 29, 2007.
51. National Vaccine Injury Compensation website 2007.
52. Looney C Intracranial Hemorrhage in asymptomatic neonates
Radiology vol242 #2 p 535 Feb 2007.
53. McNeil, D Africa: W.H.O. Approves Rotavirus Vaccine
New York Times 13 Feb 2007.
54. Bridges, A FDA: Rotavirus Vaccine May Harm Infants
Associated Press February 13, 2007.
55. US Dept of Education Facts from NLTS2
56. Foggo, D Sunday Times. UK Mystery illness paralyses girl given cervical cancer jab
www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/health/article5337885.ece 14 Dec 2008.
57. Vesikari, T MD et al. Safety and Efficacy of a Pentavalent Human– Bovine Reassortant Rotavirus Vaccine New England Journal of Medicine
vol 34 p 23 5 Jan 2006.
58. Colgrove, J Ph.D. The Ethics and Politics of Compulsory HPV Vaccination
New England Journal of Medicine Volume 355: p 2389-2391 December 7, 2006.
59. Pringle, E Lawmakers sever ties between CDC and Big Pharma
Lawyers and Settlements August 21, 2006.
60. World Health Organization Injection Safety – Fact Sheet #231
www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs231/en/ Oct 2006.
61. The Condition of Education 2006 Page 35 #8 US Dept of Education
National Survey of Children Health Care Needs 11 Nov 08 http://cshcndata.org
62. National Center for Learning Disabilities ncld.org home page
63. MMWR April 7, 2006 / 55(13);371 Autism Awareness Month —
64. Infant Mortality: UNICEF UNDER-FIVE MORTALITY RANKING .
65. Nass, M MD Anthrax Vaccine for Servicemembers, legal status 23 Sep 06.
66. Rogers, S MD High Blood Pressure Hoax SandKey 2005.
67. Alphavax www.alphavax.com 2005.
68. World Health Organization Fact Sheet 289 Development of new vaccines
69. O’Shea T The post- antibiotic age www.thedoctorwithin.com
70. Kennedy, R F Deadly immunity 20 Jun 2005.
71. Shahani, K Cultivate Health from Within Vital Health 2005.
72. Ismail, A Prescription for power – drugmakers lobbying ensures
their legislative dominance Center for Public Integrity 28 Apr 05.
73. Moskowitz, R MD The Rôle of Vaccines in Chronic Disease
American Journal of Homeopathic Medicine 98:15, Spring 2005.
74. Martin, WJ, MD Interview 13 May 04 Burbank, CA www.ccid.org/publications.htm
75. Geier, M Geier D Review of the Relationship between Thimerosal and Autism
Institute of Medicine, US National Academy of Sciences, January 2004.
76. Human trials for SARS vaccine BBC news World Ed. 19 Jan 2004.
77. CDC Vaccine Price List www.cdc.gov February 23, 2004.
78. Jefferson, T Influenza vaccination: policy versus evidence
British Medical Journal 27 Oct 2006
79. O’Shea T HPV The first cancer vaccine www.thedoctorwithin.com
80. Immunization Safety Meeting 9: Vaccines and Autism Institutes of Medicine,
Washington DC 9 Feb 2004. www.iom.edu/subpage.asp?id=18065
81. Bradstreet, Jeff MD Presentation to the Vaccine Safety Committee
of the Institute of Medicine, February 9, 2004.
82. Bradstreet, Jeff MD Virus Detected in Spinal Fluid of Children with Autism (c)ICDRC
Melbourne F JUNE 9, 2004. www.informedparent.co.uk/wakefield1.htm
83. Capell, K Vaccinating The World’s Poor Business Week APRIL 26, 2004.
84. Haney, D Flu shots unable to combat virus strain (AP) 17 Dec 03
85. CDC website: Diphtheria
86. Geier, M MD Journal of American Physicians and Surgeons Spring 2003.
87. Manning, A Smallpox vaccination ceased USA Today 15 Oct 2003.
88. Olmstead D Homeschooled 2005 theageofautism.com
89. CBS News Bush Names AIDS Czar –WASHINGTON, July 2, 2003.
90. Carbone, M MD Mesothelioma, SV40, environmental carcinogenesis
Loyola U, Program in Molecular Biology 2003.
91. CDC website Pertussis Dec 2003.
92. Yazbak, E MD Regressive autism and MMR 2003.
93. U.S. Newswire WASHINGTON, May 6, 2003. Smallpox: United States Allocates
$100 Million for Smallpox Vaccinations
94. FDA: Summary for Basis of Approval (SBA) for Varicella Vaccine
95. Geier, M MD Thimerosal in Childhood Vaccines,
Journal of American Physicians and Surgeons Vol 8 No 1 Spring 2003.
96. Smallpox: bringing a dead disease back to life 2004 www.thedoctorwithin.com
97. HR 4169 Mercury free vaccines act of 2004
98. Doran, J Scientists find there is no quick cure for SARS London Times April 23, 2003
99. Altman, L Virus Proves Baffling, Turning Up in Only 40% of Lab’s Test Cases
New York Times 24 Apr 03.
100. Eli Lilly Material Safety Data Sheet on thimerosal 13 Jun 91.
101. Haley, B PhD http://whale.to/v/haley.html
102. Rapaport, J A demand for more information about SARS 19 Apr 03.
103. US Dept of Education Autism figures state by state 1993-2002-2007
104. King, W Smallpox vaccine risky for others Seattle Times January 19, 2003.
105. CDC website SARS symptoms www.cdc.gov/ncidod/sars/
106. Meckler, L, Associated Press WASHINGTON March 27, 2003.
“Second worker dies of heart attack after smallpox vaccination”
107. CBS News March 29, 2003.
Three heart-attack deaths cause delays in smallpox vaccination program
108. Washington Post p A6 Smallpox program at standstill 24 Feb 03
109. Burton, D Congressional Hearing on Autism and Vaccines
House of Representatives C-SPAN 10 Dec 02.
110. Weldon, D MD Congressional Hearing on Autism and Vaccines
House of Representatives C-SPAN 10 Dec 02.
111. Singh, V Autism, vaccines and immune reactions
112. Kew, O Science p356 Apr 2002.
113. Burton, D Opening Statement – Committee on Government Reform:
Vaccine Safety and Autism June 19, 2002.
114. Baskin, D MD Testimony to Congressional – Committee on
Government Reform: Vaccine Safety and Autism June 19, 2002.
115. Wakefield AJ, Montgomery, S Measles mumps rubella vaccine:
Through a glass, darkly Department of Medicine, Royal Free and University
College Medical School, UK www.singlevaccines.com/wakefield2.htm
116. Polio cases roil debate Wall Street Journal 16 Apr 2002.
117. Madsen, KM MD et al. A Population-Based Study of Measles,
Mumps, and Rubella Vaccination and Autism NEJM 7 Nov 02.
118. Offit, P et al. Do vaccines overwhelm the immune system? Infants have the
capacity to respond to an enormous number of antigens
Pediatrics p.124 Jan 2002.
119. Weiss, R Smallpox vaccine turns up Washington Post 27 Mar 02.
120. Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology vol.110: pp357-365 2002.
121. Studies aim to improve pediatric end of life programs
Orange County Register p. 5 31 Jul 02.
122. Williams, V WFAA-TV Dallas 19 Jun 02. ww.wfaa.com/latestnews/stories/wfaa020619_am_thimerosalhearings.547d2350.html
123. Uhlmann, V Potential viral pathogenic mechanism for new variant inflammatory
bowel disease. Molecular Pathology vol 55(2):84-90. April 2002.
124. Frey, S et al. Clinical responses to undiluted and diluted smallpox vaccine
New England Journal of Medicine 3 64:17 p 11265 25 Apr 2002.
125. McRearden B What Is Coming Through That Needle? The Problem of
Pathogenic Vaccine Contamination www.whale.to/a/needle.html
126. Reuters Routine smallpox vaccine risky for eczema patients
www.reutershealth.com/en/index,html 10 Sept 2002.
127. Sylwester, R A Celebration of Neurons p 17 ASCD 2002.
128. Drazen J MD Smallpox and bioterrorism
New England Journal of Medicine 346:17 25 Apr 2002.
129. Bicknell, W MD The case for voluntary smallpox vaccination
editorial New England Journal of Medicine 346:17 25 Apr 2002.
130. Grady, D Doctors Urge Caution on Smallpox Vaccinations New York Times 8 Oct 02
131. Jenner, E An enquiry into the causes and effects of variolae vaccinae
SAV website: www.vivisection.info/article002.html 1798.
132. Davis, M Childhood Vaccine Purchase Costs in the Public Sector
Vol 92, No.12 Am Journal of Pub Health December 2002.
133. Acambis Says Early Smallpox Vaccine Results Encouraging 3 Sep 02.
134. Model Emergency Health Powers Act (MEHPA) Turns
Governors into Dictators http://www.aapsonline.org/ 2002..
135. Beil, L Type of cancer, virus are linkedDallas Morning News 11 Mar 2002.
136. Jones, N Mutant polio vaccine regains virulence New Scientist
www.newscientist.com/news/news.jsp?id=ns99992047 14 Mar 2002.
137. Schuchat, A et al Bacterial Meningitis in the United States in 1995
New England Journal of Medicine Volume 337:970-976 October 2, 1997
138. Horwin, M PREVNAR A Critical Review of a New Childhood Vaccine
139. U.S. Dept of Health and Human Services, Thimerosal to The National Toxicology
Program, Safety Review Committee Meeting 3, 16 July 01
140. Dougherty, J Smallpox uses fetal cell line
WorldNetDaily.com 18 Nov 2001.
141. Bookchin & Schumacher The virus and the vaccine Atlantic Monthly Feb 2000.
142. Kessler, D, MD A Question of Intent PublicAffairs/Perseus 2001.
143. Microsoft® Encarta® Online Encyclopedia 2001.
144. The Columbia Encyclopedia, Sixth Edition. 2001. Columbia University Press.
145. O’Shea, T Smallpox: bringing a dead disease back to life 2004.
146. USA Today Asthma rates defy explanation 17 Aug 2001.
147. Goodwin, J Vaccine? It’s a question that is tearing families apart
Redbook Sept 2000. http://www.whale.to/m/sbs21.html
148. Bernard, S et al Autism: A Unique Type of Mercury Poisoning
www.autism.com/ari/mercurylong.html ARC Research April 3, 2000 149. Cauchon, D FDA advisors tied to industry USA Today p 1 25 Sep 2000.
150. Hepatitis A: Creating a Market www.thedoctorwithin.com
151. US Dept of Commerce — Statistical Abstracts of the United States —
– p 137 — 2000.
152. NVIC Hepatitis B Reaction Report
Townsend Letter for Doctors #205/206 p 148 Aug/Sep 2000.
153. Extended health www.extremehealth-autism.com
154. Cave, S , MD lecture, DAN 2000 Conference San Diego 15 Sep 2000.
155. Koren, T Childhood Immunizations Koren Publications 2004.
156. Borenstein, S Asthma At Epidemic Levels San Jose Mercury News 4 Sep 99
157. Dunbar, B PhD 20/20 ABC Television Jan. 22, 1999.
158. Burton, D Congressional Hearing on Autism and Vaccines
6 Apr 00, House of Representatives www.c-span.org
159. Orient, J, MD Statement of the Association of American Physicians & Surgeons
to the House of Representatives June 14, 1999.
160. Hadwen, W MD The Fraud of Vaccination Truth
January 3, 1923.
161. Hadwen, W MD Sanitation Vs. Vaccination: the Origin of Smallpox
“Truth” January 17, 1923.
162. Wallace, AR VACCINATION A DELUSION – Its Penal Enforcement a Crime
163. Rains, A J Edward Jenner and Vaccination.
Priory Press Ltd. p60 1974.
164. Arning, E Vaccinations Encyclopedia Brittanica 9th edition 1889.
165. Hadwen W MD The Case Against Vaccination 25 Jan 1896
166. Halsey ,N MD Limiting Infant Exposure to Thimerosal in Vaccines
Journal of the American Medical Association (282) p 1763 1999.
167. James, W Immunizations: The Reality Behind the Myth
Bergin & Garvey 1995.
168. Guyton & Hall Textbook of Medical Physiology Saunders 1996.
169. Burnet & White – The Natural History of Infectious Disease
Cambridge U Press New York 1972.
170. Hume, E. Douglas Bechamp or Pasteur? Mokelumne 1923.
171. Moskowitz, R MD The Case Against Immunizations
J Am Inst of Homeop p 21 Mar 1983.
172. Anderson, HB The Facts Against Compulsory Immunization
Citizens Medical Reference Bureau New York 1929.
173. Russell, PK, MD Development of Vaccines to Meet Public Health Needs:
Johns Hopkins University www.fplc.edu/risk/vol7/summer/russell.htm#top 1994.
174. US Dept of Commerce Historical Statistics of the U.S. Part 1Bureau of Census 1975
175. Sacher, R.A. Widman’s Clinical Interpretation of Laboratory Tests
– 10th Edition F.A. Davis 1991.
176. Dorland, W.A. Medical Dictionary Saunders 1980.
177. Burton, Alec DO British Medical Council (272) May 1950.
178. Murphy J – What Every Parent Should Know About Childhood Immunization
Earth Healing Products Boston 1993.
179. McBean E The Poisoned Needle Mokelumne Hill 1993.
180. Strebel, P et al – Epidemiology of Poliomyelitis in the U.S.
Clinical Infec Dis CDC p568 Feb 1992.
181. Alderson, M – International Mortality Statistics
Facts on File, Inc ISBN 0-87196-514-3 1981.
182. Yiamouyiannis, J Fluoride: The Aging Factor Health Action Press 1993.
183. Neustaedter, R – The Vaccine Guide North Atlantic Books 1996.
184. Colborn, T, PhD Our Stolen Future Plume 1997.
185. Bishop & Waldholz Genome Simon & Schuster 1990.
186. Snider, A – Near Disaster with the Salk Vaccine. p40 Science Digest Dec 1963
187. Curtis, T Possible Origin of AIDS. Science p 1259 29 May 1992.
188. Null, G – “Vaccines: Are They Really Safe” Part I, II, III, and IV
189. Hay, W. H. MD – Address to Congress on the Lemky Bill
Congressional Record 25 Jun 1937.
190. NVIC DPT Vaccine Reports: Master List of Lot Numbers 199 www.909shot.com
191. Garrett L – The Coming Plague Penguin 1994.
192. Baxby, D. History Today. March 1999.
193. Baron, J The Life of Edward Jenner volume 2 London 1888.
194. Henderson DA Working paper W.H.O. Committee on Smallpox 1999.
195. Coulter & Fisher A Shot in the Dark Avery 1991
196. Toomey, J MD – Reactions to Pertussis Vaccine.
Journal of the American Medical Association vol.139 p448 12 Feb 1949.
197. Cody, C MD et al. Adverse Reactions Associated with DPT Immunizations in
Infants and Children Pediatrics 68;5: p 650 5 Nov 1981.
198. Baraff, L MD – Possible temporal association between diphtheria-tetanus toxoid-
pertussis vaccination and sudden infant death syndrome
Pediatric Infectious Disease 2;1:7 Jan 1983.
199. Trollfors B Whooping cough in adults BritishMedicalJournal 12 Sep 81 vol 283 p696
200. CDC – Pertussis immunization: family history of convulsions and use of
antipyretics Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report 36:p 281 1987.
201. Shelton H Save Your Baby: The Hygienic Care of Children 1993.
202. Madsen T – Vaccination Against Whooping Cough JAMA 101(3) p187 1933.
203. Stewart, G MD – Vaccination Against Whooping Cough: Efficiency Vs. Risks
Lancet Jan 1997
204. Kalb & Foote Necessary shots? Newsweek p 75 13 Sep 99
205. Jensen, B, DC – Empty Harvest Avery Publishing NY 1973.
206. Kendrick, P – Use of alum-treated pertussis vaccine, and of alum-
precipitated combined pertussis vaccine and diphtheria toxoid
Am J of Pub Health vol.32: p. 615 1942.
207. Scheibner, V PhD Vaccination: The Medical Assault on the Immune System
Australian Print Group 1993.
208. Phillips, Alan – Dispelling Vaccination Myths 5 Feb 1998.
209. Mendelsohn R, MD How To Raise A Healthy Child In Spite of Your Doctor
Ballantine New York 1984.
210. Peltola, H et al. Hemophilus influenzae type b capsular polysaccharide
vaccine in children: a double-blind field study of 100,000 vaccinees 3 months to 5
years of age in Finland Pediatrics vol. 60 p. 730 1977.
211. Granoff, D et al. Hemophilus influenzae type b disease in children vaccinated with
type b polysaccharide vaccine New England Journal of Medicine p. 1584 18 Dec 1988.
213. Medical Economics Physicians’ Desk Reference
1998, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2007, 2008
214. World Book, Inc. World Book Encyclopedia p S-513 1994.
215. American Pediatrics Assn. Red Book 1982 update in
Pediatrics vol. 70(5) p.819 1982.
217. Scheibner, V PhD Vaccinations: 100 Years of Orthodox Research 1993.
218. Horowitz, L Emerging Viruses: AIDS and Ebola Tetrahedron, Inc 1999.
219. Blaylock,R MD Excitotoxins: The Taste That Kills Health Press 1997
220. Belkin M Mindless Vaccination Bureaucracy Belkin Limited
221. NVIC Vaccine Reaction Reports Continue To Increase Jun-Jul p 7 1994.
222. Chopra D MD Quantum healing Bantam 1989.
223. Dublin L, Health Progress, 1935-1945, Metropolitan Life
Insurance Company, p 12. 1948.
224. Association of American Physicians & Surgeons DOCTORS CALL FOR
MORATORIUM ON HEPATITIS B VACCINE – POTENTIAL DEADLY OUTCOMES
aapsonline.org 8 July 1999.
225. Buynak E, PhD Combined Live Measles, Mumps, and Rubella
Virus Vaccines JAMA ( 207) 12 p 2259 Mar 1969
226. Beers & Berkow, MD — The Merck Manual —Centennial Edition 1999.
227. NIH manual on hepatitis A
228. American Academy of Pediatrics — Policy Statement: Guidelines For Use
Of Hepatitis A Vaccine And Immune Globulin Pediatrics —
vol 98 no 6 — p 1207-1215 Dec 1996.
229. Bernays, E — Propaganda — Liveright New York 1928.
230. Salk, Jonas, MD — quoted in Science Abstracts 4 Apr 1977.
231. Wakefield AJ, et al., ‘Ileal-lymphoid-nodular hyperplasia, non-specific colitis, and
pervasive developmental disorder in children’ Lancet, Vol. 351, 637-641 Feb 28, 1998.
232. Hadwen, W MD Verbatim report of an Address given at Goddard’s Assembly
Rooms, Gloucester, England January 25th, 1896 www.whale.to/v/hadwen.html
233. U.S. National Institutes of Health database on cowpox and smallpox
234. FDA Center for Evaluation and Biologics Research
Hepatitis Control Report, vol. 4, no. 21, 1999
235. La Stampa Albert Sabin quote Torino Italia 8 Dec 1985
236. Sinclair, I Vaccination: the hidden facts
237. Science Division of Biologics Standards:
The Boat That Never Rocked vol. 175, pp.1225-1230, 1972.
238. Carrel, A MD Man the unknown MacFadden 1935.
239. Hencke, H MD The Germ Theory: A Deliberate Aberration 1995.
240. Hadwen, W MD Microbes and War
241. Ruesch, H Naked Empress Civis 1992.
242. Gunn, T Mass immunizations: a point in question p 14 1992 www.garynull.com
243. Koos BJ and Longo LD, Mercury toxicity in the pregnant woman, fetus, and
newborn infant American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology
Oct 126(3):390-406 1976.
244. Bjune G, Gedde-Dahl TW Some problems related to risk-benefit assessments in
clinical testing of new vaccines. IRB Rev Hum Subj Res;15(1):1-5. 1993.
245. Bjune, G Effect of outer membrane vesicle vaccine of group B
meningococcal disease in Norway Lancet 338:8775, p1093 Nov 1991.
246. CDC Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report, 4 Oct 1984.
247. Gardner, S Rising incidence of insulin dependent diabetes
British Medical Journal vol 315 p 713 1997.
248. Libman, I MD Was there an epidemic of diabetes
Diabetes Care 21:8 p1278 Aug 1998.
249. Duesberg, P PhD Inventing the AIDS virus Regency 1996.
250. Lappe, M Breakout: the evolving threat of drug-resistant disease
Sierra Club Books, 1995.
251. Osterholm, M et al. Lack of efficacy of H. b polysaccharide vaccine
Journal of the American Medical Association 260: p 1423 1988.
252. Scudamore J the definitive vaccine website http://www.whale.to
253. Parents of unvaccinated children www.thedoctorwithin.com
254. Thyagarajan B, McCormick Characterization of homologous DNA recombination
activity in normal and immortal mammalian cells. Nucleic Acids Res 1996 Oct
15;24(20):4084-91. PMID 8918816
255. Miller, G Letters of Edward Jenner Johns Hopkins 1983.
256. SAV website: www.vivisection.info/article002.html
Smallpox critique: vaccination, eradication, animal experimentation
257. Gillis, J Pledge for smallpox vaccine Washington Post 3 Dec 2001.
258. Fudenberg, H MD Hazards of vaccines J Clin Investigation. vol 4 p 97-105 2000.
259. Susens, G MD The FDA has failed us San Francisco Medical Society journal www.sfms.org/sfm/sfm301k.htm Mar 2001. www.whale.to/vaccines/kinsbourne.html
260. Christie C et al. Resurgence of disease in a highly immunized population
New England Journal of Medicine 331, no 1, p 16 7 Jul 1994.
261. The doors of perception www.thedoctorwithin.com
262. Raspail, X, MD Raspail et Pasteur Petit Journal, 19 September 1888.
263. Vaccination articles and testimonies by medical doctors
264. Vital Statistics of the United States 1937-1992
265. Burton, A, DO Tetanus: one naturopath’s view
The Hygienist Autumn 1995 www.whale.to/a/burton4.html
266. Cave, S MD What your doctor may not tell you Warner Books 2001
267. U.S. Newswire 8 July 1999 aapsonline.org
268. Calling the Shots: Immunization Finance Policies and Practices (2000)
Institute of Medicine National Academy of Sciences
269. EMD Chemicals, Inc Thimerosal Material Safety Data Sheet
270. Kessler, D MD A new approach to reporting adverse effects
Journal of the American Medical Assn 2 Jun 1993 vol.269, No.21, p.2785
271. IMMUNIZATION GUIDELINES FLORIDA SCHOOLS,
272. Blake, T Esq SBSdefense.com
273. Traudt, J The invisible world http://healthandenergy.com/invisible_world.htm
274. Interview with Andrew Dodd , Esq vaccine injury attorney 2 Oct 02 310 316 6223
275. The Emotional Disturbances Caused by Vaccines
276. Thomas, S Tetanus Vaccination Journal of Inf Dis Nov 1927.
277. Benjamin, M UPI Investigates: The vaccine conflict
United Press International Investigations Editor 21 Jul 2003.
278. CDC fact sheet HPV Infectionwww.cdc.gov/std/HPV/STDFact-HPV.htm
279. Duesberg, P, Schwartz J Latent Viruses: No Evidence for Pathogenicity
Progress in Nucleic Acid Research and Molecular Biology 43:135-204, 1992.
280. Benjamini E Immunology: a Short Course Wiley-Liss 2003.
281. Langreth R Booster shot Forbes magazine 12 Nov 2007.
282. O’Shea T The Last Resort thedoctorwithin.com 2010.
283. Wodarg W MD Swine flu: they organized the panic 8 Jan 2010.
284. Interview with W. Wodarg MD www.wodarg.de/english/index.html
4 Feb 2010.
285. Bauerlein M The dumbest generation Tancher/Penguin 2008.
286. National Vaccine Injury Compensation Program Statistics Report 2010.
287. Hirschler, B Bill Gates promises $10 billion for vaccines Reuters 29 Jan 10.
288. www.youtube.com search Bill Gates vaccines TED conference Feb 2010.