– Dr Tim O’Shea
In its newest metamorphosis as a necessary measure to ‘prevent communicable diseases,’ AB2109 seems unstoppable.
Starting out as a bit of excess legislation which would make a Personal Beliefs Exemption no longer personal, by mandating an MD’s co-signature, this subterranean slime mold has now metastasized into a clarion call for mandatory vaccines, essential to protect us all from plagues which are likely to emerge during the next Olympics.
With all this PR, seems like only an act of God could stop this bill now. Or a flamethrower, perhaps. AB2109 is way beyond its so-called sponsor’s capability to present. No, this bill has all the earmarks of the classic East Coast think tank full-blown PR op about it. Far beyond the design capabilities of the California high-functioning Democrat to invent, AB2109 typifies the well-crafted flawless media creation of the Edward L Bernays full service masterpiece.
Rule One from Bernays 1928 text Propaganda: never present something controversial as itself, but rather disguise it as something completely benign. If it’s a radical change being introduced, hammer home the idea of no big deal, hardly any change at all, routine, etc.
In this case we have a law whose true agenda is to put an end to vaccine exemptions. Moreover, it seeks to confirm the idea that medical freedom is too much responsibility for the average citizen to bear. That’s what the Bill will really effect, once it’s passed. But that’s not how it’s being presented, is it? No, we’re just making sure parents who opt out of vaccines are fully informed, folks. No big change at all, by golly. Nothing to worry about. No problem finding a signature, etc.
The most recent camouflage of the actual intent of the bill came during its presentation to the Senate Health Committee. In the summary that was to explain what the bill was about, there is no mention of the co-signature required for the exemption form! This is the main provision of AB2109. If the member read only this summary, they would have no idea what the bill actually is proposing.
Here’s what mastery in propaganda looks like:
“…the Senate Committee on Health has passed AB 2109…to provide parents with health information that they can use to help protect their families and communities from communicable disease outbreaks like the whooping cough outbreak currently threatening families in California.
“California has previously passed legislation calling for children to be immunized for certain diseases that pose an immediate threat to public health. California is also one of only 20 states that allow parents to sign a form that excludes their children from having to receive the immunizations. AB 2109 would simply ensure that parents receive accurate information about immunizations from a licensed health care practitioner before they decide if they will sign the form.
“AB 2109 ensures that the expertise of 150,000 licensed health care practitioners statewide is helping parents make this critical public health decision,”
“This relationship is critical to ensuring decisions about vaccinations are informed by the latest, most accurate information.”
Let’s list the direct lies in this statement:
1. Doesn’t even mention the main provision of the bill, which is the mandatory MD signature a parent must get for the Exemption Form.
2. The information has nothing to do with protecting children from communicable disease. It’s about selling vaccines by outlawing legal exemptions.
3. Vaccines are the most likely cause of the current whooping cough cases, and at the very least cannot prevent the disease.
4. Not just 20 states, but all states but 2 have exemptions to vaccines. AB2109 will not ensure that parents have accurate information about anything. Most doctors won’t even make the appointment, and those that do will not sign. Most MDs don’t have accurate information about vaccines, except for those few that don’t vaccinate. And they’re not allowed to talk about it.
5. The parents have already decided to sign the form. They would never come in for additional advice unless they were forced to. That’s what AB2109 really is.
6. The “expertise” of 150,000 is not helping anything. Questioning pediatricians on vaccines reveals they have little or no knowledge of the most basic information on vaccine dangers. The presence of mercury, lack of safety testing, effects of defective myelination, attenuated lab versions of original disease microbes, overwhelming proof of association with autism, just for starters. They have no clue.
Neither are the committee members even interested in this information. Which may be one reason why they voted it in 7-1.
But in California, legislators rarely vote on the merits of any issue, and aren’t interested in learning anything new. They vote the way they’re told, in the direction of the winds of political expediency. You vote for my bill, I’ll vote for yours. Or, what deep pocket lobbyists are urging me to vote this way, and what are they offering?
Leaving out the main provisions of the bill, it all looks perfectly sensible. Vaccines are necessary to save children from disease, right? All this law did was to make sure parents are informed about the value of vaccines. No big controversy here.
And that my friends is what an E.L. Bernays masterpiece looks like. Disguise an annihilation of traditional basic liberties as something good, something sensible, something that will protect children, anything but what it actually is. And above all don’t do any reading beyond the superficial treatment expertly written by the real constituents. Regard all opposition as misguided fanatics.
Since they are losing the debate on vaccine safety, with more and more parents opting out every year, this is their desperation tactic: to outlaw the discussion. Make the debate irrelevant – end exemptions. That’s the hidden agenda here.
The frightful part is that people refuse to look at it.
Preparing for Worst Case Scenario:
Let’s say it’s 6 months from now and AB2109 is law. Hardly a stretch. And the new parents have looked at the literature and decided not to vaccinate, no matter what. So they actually get an appointment with one of the few MDs who will even entertain the possibility of vaccine choice. And the parent goes into the office and the doctor launches into his canned spiel about the importance of vaccines, etc.
A couple of ground rules here, for the parent:
1. Have the form in your hand, which you’ve already signed. This will dispel any illusion that you’re still in the decision phase.
2. Never go into any office unless you know for certain that if you insist, they’ll sign.
3. Under no circumstances, never ever bring the child to the appointment.
4. Do not sit there and be patronized by someone who knows one tenth of what you know about vaccines. As soon as the doctor starts his condescending rap, you stand up, hold out the form and say the following words: “I’m sorry doc. I didn’t come in here for your opinion. I came in for your signature. And I paid for it. So if you’ll just sign here, we’ll be on our way.”
Take control. Remember, the only thing that really matters here is that your infant’s immune system is allowed to develop naturally and unmodified, without the toxic assault of experimental vaccines.